We have put this guide so that your property looks at its very best for the photoshoot. With many years of experience of taking photos of properties, I have listed the most common areas in the house that you can check and make the most significant impact on the marketing photographs.
EXTERIOR AND GARDENS
- Remove Vehicles from driveways.
- For properties that have no driveway- Park Your Vehicle to “book” space at the property, that we could move it later and get a clear view of the Property.
- Cut the grass and tidy borders.
- Remove bins out of sight.
- Take down washing Lines.
- Remove Rotary dryers or retract them.
- Clean the windows.
- Remove Hosepipes and reels or store it neatly.
Optional- Provide Outdoor Plants, in Pots and Hanging Baskets.
Optional- Avoid booking the shoot on Bin/Recycling days as streets scenes will look unsightly.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR ALL INTERIOR AREAS
- Remove unnecessary items as much as possible but don’t go overboard!
- Remove small items that detract the eye from the overall room but keep it “homely” – if in doubt leave it and I will advise when I visit.
- Check light bulbs are working in all ceiling lights, room lamps, cooker hood, electric fires.
- Windows should be closed.
- Blinds should be open and hanging straight.
- Curtains tied back or hanging evenly at either side.
- Carpets vacuumed and solid floors cleaned.
- Avoid evidence of Pets – bowls/baskets etc.
Optional – Props
Props can add ambience to a room but are not essential. Examples include…
- Fresh flowers
- Pot plants
- Bowls of fruit
- Bottles of wine
- Cafetiere (contents can be cold)
- Candles (unlit)
- High-end Magazines/Books on Coffee Table
- Clean Worktop surface and Hob.
- Sink clean and remove Racks from Drainer
- Remove Tea Towels from Oven/Grill Handles
- Hide all cleaning Cloths/Sponges
- Remove items fixed to Fridge/Freezer Doors
- Hide Swing/Pedal Bins
- Hide all fridge magnets
- Washing machine empty and the door closed
- Arrange cushions on sofas and chairs neatly
- Minimal items on and under Coffee Tables
- Consider removal of personal photographs
- Mantelpieces tidied
- Arrange Dining Chairs evenly around the Table
- TV and Computer Monitors switched off
- Hide TV/Audio/Satellite cabling as far as possible
- Beds made and covers smoothed as flat as possible
- Pillows and Cushions neatly arranged
- Underneath bed storage shouldn’t be visible – use a Valance or push further out of sight
- De-clutter surfaces of Dressing Tables and Bedside Cabinets
- Mirrored Wardrobe doors clean
- Avoid clothing hanging from the back of bedroom doors e.g. Dressing Gowns, Jackets etc
- Toys in Children rooms tidied away
- Toilet Seat down
- Fresh Toilet Roll in a holder
- Fresh matching Towels
- Remove Bath Mat – especially if plastic/rubber
- Remove personal items such as Toothbrushes/Razors/Medicines etc
- Dry Baths/Showers/Sinks
- Mirrors clean
- Remove Children’s Bath Toys
- Remove bottles of chemicals/cleaning materials
Hint – attractive looking toiletries can often be obtained cheaply from Pound Shops.
If you have open fires or stoves, either light them or leave them swept clean.
Get Free “Checklist Guide How to Prepare Property for Photoshoot”
Have you ever wished that you had a guide for your client’s to explain how to prepare their home for a professional photography shoot? Seek no more, we have the tips from the pros!